Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Thor Trailer I've Been Waiting For

I haven't been the biggest supporter of the Thor trailers so far, despite my unwavering fanboyish confidence in the movie.  They've been missing something.  The sense of epic scale and also a certain sense of cohesiveness a trailer needs.  Well, Marvel has given me what I've been dying for, the unbelievable new trailer filled with action, wit, humor, and Loki.  Take a look.





That was unbelievable!  We got to see a closer look at Asgard in all it's glory, as well as the human characters involved in Thor's life.  Kat Dennings in particular looks hilarious, and she plays off Thor's petulant arrogance so well.  As for the Chris Hemsworth, I think he's got what it takes.  His first line wasn't perfect, but it set up the humor of him getting shocked perfectly.  But the rest of his scenes?  I was highly impressed.  Kenneth Branagh's direction is really showing off by taking a relatively new actor and bringing the best out of him.  And Hemsworth certainly has the charisma and gravitas Thor needs, in addition being the size of a tank.

So the acting looks wonderful, the visuals are stylish as hell, but what about the action?  Perfect.  You get to see clips of Thor unleashing all of his Asgardian fury on the Frost Giants, and this will be the first time we've seen a character with so much power on the screen without it being pure CGI.  Yeah, Transformers brought that sense of scale but it's very different seeing someone made of flesh and blood doing such epic tasks.

Great, all of my doubts about this movie have finally been exorcised.  Thor is going to kick some serious ass in theaters this May, and hopefully one of my favorite heroes will finally get the respect he deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment