Monday, February 14, 2011

Spider-Man Reboot To Be "Amazing"

Fans have long wondered what the upcoming Spider-Man reboot would be called.  "Spider-Man Begins" doesn't exactly work for a whole bunch of reasons, so what ever is Sony to do?  Easy, use one of the many prefixes that goes behind Spidey's name and appear on the comics.  Really, the only question was whether they were going to use "Amazing" or "Spectacular".  Spoiler alert: they're using Amazing.


I'm not sure if I want to congratulate Sony for this one or not.  It's like giving someone points for not being a colossal failure.  They did exactly what they were supposed to do, and what fans sure as hell expected them to do.  What I will congratulate them on is the full costume.  I wasn't completely sold when I saw Spidey in the mask-free outfit, but the mask somehow brings everything together.  It's also cool to see much more skinny, acrobatic take on the hero.  Although his shoulders could be just a bit broader, it's a good look nonetheless.  I'm still partial to the Sam Raimi version of the costume (which was flawless), but I'm incredibly confident in the guy under the suit this time around.

I am a little sad though.  In some ways, this reboot is doing so many things right.  I just wish they could have waited a bit longer before they started from scratch, or if they had used some of these elements in the first movie.  Still, I'll be there when it comes out in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment