Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ryu Vs. The Devourer of Worlds

Eating one planet at a time is fairly inefficient for a god-like being, so Galactus has decided to double up the ante.  In Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds, Galactus will enter the fray as the game's final boss, threatening both realms.  Personally I would just let the big guy indulge himself by devouring Capcom, and I seriously hope that's an option when I'm playing as Dr. Doom.


But congratulations Galactus!  You've joined the list of top tier bosses in the MVC series which includes such beloved icons as Onslaught and the nightmarish, slightly forgettable Abyss!  So far the series doesn't have the best track record outside of Apocalypse's appearance in X-Men vs. Street Fighter, but Galactus is a welcome change to that.


Although I'm happy the game will have a cool boss character, I'm not so sure he's the best choice.  Galactus may be an epic threat and one of the greatest villains in Marvel comics lore, but he's never been truly "evil".  He's just hungry.  As a cosmic entity who's been around for eons, Galactus has no choice but to eat planets for survival.  Fighting Galactus is more like fighting a natural disaster, rather than a malicious final boss.  That being said, Galactus is by far the most iconic villain in the Marvel universe who could threaten the entire world so easily.  I say bring him on.  Doom is looking forward to outdoing that pesky Reed Richards by mauling Galactus with his bare hands.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is only a week away, and boasts almost 20 of Marvel's finest legends, and a bunch of Capcom characters I'll be employing as punching bags.  I also love how the MvC games are the only time Shuma Gorath EVER appears in any medium, including comics.  MvC2 was an awesome fighting game to begin with, and new additions like Thor, Deadpool, Taskmaster and the Super Skrull sound epic.  I already knew I would be picking this game up, and not much is going to stop me at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment