Monday, February 21, 2011

Kevin Costner As Pa Kent?

Aw shucks, it looks like good ol' Kevin Costner might be joining the upcoming Superman franchise as none other than Pa Kent.  I'm sure you know who Kevin Costner is.  His work ranges from the critically aclaimed (Dances with Wolves) to the hilariously disastrous (Waterworld).  As far as I'm concerned, he a couple of bad movies, made the Untouchables, and did a couple more bad movies.

Like this one!

That being said, this is pretty solid casting.  Costner is like, the epitome of that Midwestern, easy going earnestness I can see a Kent having.  Still, Costner hasn't done anything to impress me in far too long, so I can't get too excited about this.  Overall, it feels like a safe, respectable choice.

And let me put it this way.  The original Superman had Marlon Brando as the central father figure.  The reboot has Kevin Costner.

No comments:

Post a Comment