Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Alpha Flight Takes Off Once Again!

Here's a blast from the past.  Marvel is announcing the return of Canada's favorite super team, Alpha Flight!  This is one of those teams that's never captured the fans' attention the way the Avengers or X-Men did, and has gone years without a book.  As Marvel preps its big event, Fear Itself, Alpha Flight will start playing a much bigger role in the world of superheroics.  That, and something to do with Canada becoming a fascist state?  What, did the Red Skull decide to go the easy route this time? 



I can't say I'm especially interested in this team's revival.  I have nothing against Alpha Flight.  It's just that I don't see what makes them special or unique.  So they're like the Avengers....but Canadian?  Unlike teams such as the Fantastic Four or the X-Men, this is a Marvel team that doesn't have an obvious purpose or mission statement.  It would be cool to see the new creative team establish that sense of meaning, so I won't discount the book altogether.  More realistically, I'll wait to look at the previews before deciding whether or not to pick it up.  But for Alpha Flight fans, I hope this new book is worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment