Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Josesph Gordon-Levitt To Join Batman 3?

Talk about a pleasant surprise.  With the addition of Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle, I had assumed the cast for Batman 3 was mostly complete.  Oh sure, there was a rumor that Robin Williams would be joining in as Dr. Strange, but that would surely be a minor role.  Now we're hearing that Inception's Joseph Gordon Levitt is in talks to join another Christopher Nolan blockbuster.  I don't care who he would play, I'm in.



First off, Gordon-Levitt is a fantastic actor.  Whether it's a more serious indie flick like The Lookout or a quirky romantic comedy such as (500) Days of Summer, he continuously kicks ass.  Before the villains were announced, I had him as my pick to play the Riddler alongside Bane for the two villains.  Even if the Riddler is no longer an option, I'm still happy the actor might join the superhero epic.  And that reminds me, will there be more of the bromance we saw in Incecption between him and Hardy?  There better be Mr. Nolan.  There better be.

So who could the actor play?  My best guess is Hugo Strange.  That's a part that has been brought up so frequently I would be surprised if the character didn't show up in some fashion.  And I don't think Strange will be nearly as much of a villain as Bane will be.  I expect Strange to work with the Gotham Police Department as he's done in the comics and never appear outright evil.  Someone has to lead the manhunt for the Batman, and I would love to see Gordon-Levitt hunt our hero down.  But what other options?  He could be the next Gotham mob boss (Rupert Thorne?) or maybe a cop (think Harvey Bullock, but thinner).  Regardless, I'm certain Gordon-Levitt could play just about anyone, so I'm taking this as good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment