Friday, March 18, 2011

The New Wonder Woman

I haven't exactly been the biggest supporter of the Wonder Woman TV show.  I'm not a huge fan of the character, and the show's basic premise of Wonder Woman as an executive sounded shallow at best.  And today we have a look at Adrianne Palicki in full gear, and this isn't exactly winning me over.


I've seen cosplay better than this.  The blue and red are far too bright and shiny, and the gold looks more like yellow than metal.  Although the color palette is the chief offender, the odd construction and composition doesn't exactly do wonders.  The strange looking belt and Ws on the boots are good examples of misuse of detail.  I'm actually surprised the thing looks as retro as it does.  Say what you want about the new costume in comics, it does feel much more suited for live action.  I'm surprised we didn't see more of its influence here. 

I know this is TV, and that we shouldn't expect something out of this world like Iron Man, but still.  They could have done better.

No comments:

Post a Comment