Thursday, January 27, 2011

So Who On the Fantastic Four Died?!?!

Let me set something straight right now: this article is 100% spoiler free.  In fact, that's kinda my problem.  See, the landmark issue for Marvel's First Family has already hit the stands.  The problem is that as a college student, I can't get my hands on it till Friday!

So right now, the suspense is killing me.  I haven't gone anywhere near a comic book website for fear of spoilers, and only have to last 24 more hours before I can finally read it.  I've had this problem before.  Websites had spoiled the death of the Wasp in Secret Invasion and Ares in Siege, but I swear I'm not going to let the interwebs ruin the Fantastic Four for me.



Now, every time I tell my friends about this, they generally respond in the same way.  They're comic books, and the character will probably be around in a year or so.  And sometimes this is true.  I've read stories where a character died, only to be revived the very next issue (cough:BlackestNight:cough).  But I've read almost everything Jonathan Hickman has written at Marvel, and he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who approves of the revolving door afterlife.  In other words, this death will probably last for quite some time.

Even then, does that matter?  We know most characters will come back to life if there is fan and/or writer interest.  Still, if a death is well written, it should impact you regardless.  So, just one more day of not going on comic websites.  Let's hope I can last.

No comments:

Post a Comment