Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Are You Ready For The Green Hornet?

Superhero movies are kinda my thing.  I'll be the first to admit I'm way to into this stuff, and will go to check out my almost any hero no matter how terrible their movies are.  I even went to see Ghost Rider dammit.  This Friday we have the newest entry in the ever growing stable of superhero movies with the Green Hornet, who has finally received silver screen treatment after decades of delays.  And I'm not going to see it any time soon.



Okay, that might be unfair.  All I have to work with are the trailers.  For all I know, it could receive amazing reviews.  In fact, the earliest reviews haven't been too terrible even amidst months of bad buzz.  That doesn't matter when I'm just not on board with the core concept.  The story just doesn't appeal to me.  Seth Rogen seems to play the same character he always plays.  The good natured slacker is pretty much the only thing Rogen ever does.  And then his father dies, which gives the idea him the idea of becoming a hero because imitating Batman is always cool.  Oh, and Cameron Diaz is in it for some reason.  The producers must have mistaken for her for someone relevant.  The whole thing just feels incredibly generic.  Christoph Waltz is awesome and I am tempted to go just to support him, but that's about it.

Let me put it this way.  What does Green Hornet lack that Iron Man, Batman, and Wolverine have?  Badassery.  The idea of Seth Rogen beating up guys while sporting a domino mask doesn't strike me as action hero quality.  Could this movie be good?  Yes.  Am I being unfair in judging the movie before seeing it?  Absolutely.  But at the end of the day, they failed to convince me to go see their movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment