Sunday, January 2, 2011

Batman: The Animated Series is the Greatest Thing Ever

For Christmas, my brother received two more seasons of Batman: The Animated Series.  The 90's cartoon was a hallmark of my childhood, and alongside Power Rangers and the X-Men pretty much determined that I would grow up to be a nerd.  But if you go back and watch some old cartoons, they often don't live up to your memories.  As you get older, you realize much of what you enjoyed as a kid was really, really stupid.


And now that I'm older, I can still say that this show is completely awesome.  In fact, I appreciate it even more.  The series has wonderful animation and voice acting, combined with downright captivating storytelling.  Kevin Conroy is Batman, and I'll never get tired of Luke Skywalker voicing the Joker.  It's a dark version of Batman with almost little camp that kids can still watch.  It has the perfect balance that captures the essence of the Dark Knight while still making him presentable.  If you grew up watching the show and haven't seen it in years or are a Batman fan who never saw it to begin with, I can't recommend it enough.  It's simply Batman at his best.

No comments:

Post a Comment