Sunday, January 30, 2011

Henry Cavill Cast As the Man of Steel

Today Zack Synder and Warner Bros. announced that they had finally found their new Man of Steel.  British actor Henry Cavill will be play Superman in the upcoming reboot.  Cavill is one of those actors whose name has been thrown around by fans for years now, so it was kinda surprising to see him actually be picked.


Cavill is best know for his performances in... okay, listen, I'm going settle with you guys.  I really don't care.  I'm not a Superman fan, and just don't have any real interest in the upcoming reboot.  I'm not saying it will definitely be bad.  For all I know, it could be the greatest superhero movie of all time.  But for right now, it's just a Superman movie, and that simply doesn't interest me.  The character has always felt incredibly flat to me, and a little to perfect for his own good.  Now, if instead of Henry Cavill they had went with Jon Hamm, then I would be excited.  I'm a colossal fan of Mad Men, and if Don Draper was picked to be the next Superman I would be at the midnight showing.  It's clear they went with a very different direction and much younger Clark Kent, which is fine, but since Don Draper is basically a Superhero already I would have strongly preferred to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment