Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Heart Breaking Cover To "The Death of Spider-Man"

Despite all the turmoil Marvel's Ultimate Comics have been through, their one constant source of quality storytelling has been their version of Spider-Man.  And with the upcoming "Death of Ultimate Spider-Man", the landscap.  And former Editor Chief Joe Quesada has drawn up this alternate cover, while the standard cover will be hidden in plastic bags for readers to uncover on the day of it's release.  But I can't imagine the cover topping this.
  
Oh my god, thats a damn fine cover.  We see Peter, clearly still just a kid, holding on tight to his Uncle Ben as both walk into the light.  Although the event could never have the same impact as the "real" Spider-Man dying, this cover makes us question that judgment.  This version of Spider-Man is going to be gone for good, and I think I didn't realize how much I'm actually going to miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment