Saturday, December 18, 2010

Marvel Revives CrossGen

It's a longstanding joke that nothing stays dead in comics.  Apparently, this applies to the publishers themselves as well.  Yesterday Marvel revealed that they had purchased and revitalized CrossGen, a publisher whose six year run came to a close in 2004.  I'm going to level with you guys, I don't really know too much about CrossGen, nor do I care enough to do an in depth analysis.  I don't know why exactly I don't care.  Maybe it's the fact that I just finished finals week, or the fact that if something fails it usually fails for a reason.  More likely it's because guy in black brandishing a cane isn't terribly exciting in a medium dominated by the God-damn Batman.


The two first titles are called "Ruse" and "Sigil".  Both were mainstays back at CrossGen and are being given a second chance.  I'll probably take a closer look at the two when they're on the shelves.  For right now, I'm not terribly excited about the return of a failed comic book company.

No comments:

Post a Comment